Monday, April 07, 2008

Harris Poll - Legitimate Survey Panel #13 - Not worth signing up for in my opinion.

I've been with Harris Poll since I started signing up for survey panels in 2005. I wouldn't say you are going to get rich doing their surveys, but they are a good panel to belong to if you are looking to cash out specifically for PayPal or gift cards. PayPal is a relatively new reward to choose from, as you can save up your points and redeem for other merchandise, which are separated into folios. For me, I am a "show me the money" kind of girl, so I want to see cold, hard cash in the form of gift cards or PayPal.

One thing I do need to mention is that before I came here to make this post, I did a read-through of my account history. Since late 2005, I have cashed out 5 times for a $5 gift card each time. Most of my surveys in 2007 were rather small amounts - 30, 50 points at a time. Before that, the surveys were worth more. Harris Poll does award more points if a survey is time intensive. Most surveys are about 15 minutes long.

It should be noted that you need at least 800 points to cash out for a $5 card or $5 PayPal. At 30-50 points, or even a lucky 100 points per survey, you are going to be working a long time toward a measly $5! The first year, I got several high points surveys and had several referrals, which helped me to cash out so often. However, I just don't think that Harris Poll is worth the bother any more for 30 points per survey. I plan to do more surveys until I reach the 800 point threshold and then monitor their e-mails from there to determine whether or not the point values start to increase. The 800 point folio is the only folio with a gift card or PayPal option; the rest are merchandise you can trade points to receive. If you ask me, the merchandise to point ratio just sinful and the merchandise doesn't look any better than what you'd buy at a Dollar Store.

However, this panel would be great for anyone with a lot of time on their hands or one who is building up their survey money throughout the year to pay for Christmas presents. If you have nothing else better (or more lucrative) to do, then this panel will suit you just fine. If you are a panelist currently and have any comments, please post. I am hoping it isn't just me who is getting the surveys with small points values attached to them.

If you would like to join Harris Poll, click here: Harris Poll Join Page




For must know tips on how to get started taking surveys, don't pass up my article How To Make Ends Meet and Still Be a Stay At Home Mom. The part that deals with surveys is on pages 2 and 3 of that article, but you may want to read the rest for other ideas.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for your thorough review. I was about to sign up with them but decided to pass instead.

Todd Mizuki said...

Harris Polls is nothing but a scam firm. I had been one of they're
old survet members and I had trouble few years back logging in
so ther customer support reprentive told me I had to make a new account so I did. And few days ago I went to check my accounts
and could not log in my account so I sent a support help they came back telling me they saw two account in my name well DAH!!!! they told me to they didn't even email me before telling me they saw two accounts and to asked why they just closed my account down took all my points and a reward I had as well order. DON"T SIGN UP TO THIS SURVEY GROUP ! They just want to run things there way but when they dishonor an regular member so don't use them.