Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Zoom Panel - Legitimate Survey Panel #16.

Zoom Panel is another legitimate survey panel that I belong to. I receive several surveys per week and to be perfectly honest, I only do them if I think I might get a product test out of them. In my experience, Zoom Panel does not pay their panelists (even for product tests) and I do the product tests mainly so that I can get to try out a product for free. In the past, I have gotten several product tests, which included diaper wipes and rash cream, both of which I used heavily at the time. For me, getting to test those products for free meant less that I had to buy.

However, I really dislike Zoom Panel's Zoom Rewards. Each survey is earmarked with points and they aren't very many. For instance, you'll likely get invites for 50, 75 or 100 points, depending on length. They do offer 5 points for disqualifying. But here's why I dislike it so much. Zoom Panel's rewards system is structured into folios and it takes forever to get enough points to cash out for a $10 gift. Trust me when I say that even saving up 2,500 points won't get you a nice reward. To be fair, their rewards were awful until just a few months ago when many more items were added in to the catalog. But even with that addition, it still doesn't change the fact that you do tons of surveys for little return.

So, for me, I still remain a member, but I screen my survey invitations and only do those that might lead to a product test or are very short to complete. Right now, I have just shy of 2,500 points and the only thing I see I might want is a cookbook stand. Everything else I could redeem for is low quality junk or outdated music or books that don't interest me.

That being said, if you do want to join, I'll still provide the link: Sign up for Zoom Panel.

Zoom Panel has a 64% rating at Survey Police, likely due to the poor compensation. One rater stated it takes 20+ surveys to cash out for anything. I have to concur as that has also been my experience.


For must know tips on how to get started taking surveys, don't pass up my article How To Make Ends Meet and Still Be a Stay At Home Mom. The part that deals with surveys is on pages 2 and 3 of that article, but you may want to read the rest for other ideas.

No comments: