Saturday, February 07, 2009

Staples' new ink cartridge return policy - any cartridges are now welcome! Get $3 each, limit 10 per month

I was so excited to read about Staples' new ink cartridge return policy. I used to take my cartridges there and rake in a few $3 coupons, which were quite handy to use when I bought something on rebate. The last time I remember being able to do this was when I bought my fax machine (about $5 after rebate and coupons).

But then the rules changed and my ink cartridges were no longer welcome. In fact, I couldn't find anybody willing to recycle them, even without giving me a little pocket change.

So I was very excited to see that Staples is now accepting any ink cartridges! Get $3 for your ink cartridges (limit 10 per month) at Staples with rewards card. Limit 1 card per address.

Here's the link to the details of the new ink cartridge return policy at Staples.

5 comments:

Pinching Abe said...

If anyone was wondering how the Staples ink cartridge return works, here's how it worked for me:

I took my empty ink tanks to the register with my purchase. They track this via rewards card, so have it handy (or just give them your phone number). The cashier said it would take 10 or so business days to get it in the system.

You can log into your account via the Staples site to view your reward balance. The $3 for each ink cartridge (up to 10 per month allowed) will show there once your account is credited.

Rewards checks run by the quarter, so you won't see your ink cartridge credit of $3 per cartridge until the next quarterly check is cut and sent to you.

Hope that helps clear up the mystery!

John said...

Are they still running the program this way? I was trying to look up places to sell my old cartridges. I thought Staples did something, but I couldn't remember. I've had rewards through my business for 6 or 7 year but don't recall ever getting any- guess I don't spend enough.

Pinching Abe said...

They changed this policy... perhaps a year ago? It's currently $2 per cartridge, up to 10 cartridges per month. Office Max is also $3 per, but they're more picky about which brands they take back - https://www.officemaxperks.com/RecyclingProgram.aspx

Staples Ink rewards are monthly and used to be mailed. They are now printable online via staplesrewardscenter.com. I believe they notify you via email when your rewards are available for printing.

paul said...

The new version of the policy is here:
http://www.returnpolicies.info/index.php/u-s-a/staples/

Anonymous said...

hi!,I really like your writing very much! share we keep in touch extra about your article on AOL?
I need an expert in this space to solve my problem.

Maybe that is you! Taking a look forward to see you.
My homepage : weight loss forum