Tuesday, October 09, 2012

Review of Calgon's Ageless Bath products: Softer, healthier skin


I was recently provided with two of Calgon's new Calgon Ageless Bath products to review. As you may know, I'm getting older... I am on the upward climb to 40 and heck, I even looked at some hair color last week (but didn't quite commit to buying one) to cover my gray.  As I notice more and more signs of aging, I can't help but have my eyes wander over to products that are designed for women in my demographic.  I want to age gracefully.

Bubble baths are a luxury for me and since both kids are in school all day, I've started to take my long, hot baths during the day so that no one comes knocking on my door.  It's heaven!  I was sent Calgon Ageless Bath Milk Bath with Serum Beads and Calgon Ageless Bath Mineral Scrub and Soak to try and couldn't wait to spend some time soaking in the bathtub with these products. Ageless Bath Pearls is also a product in their Ageless line of bath products, though I did not try this product.

This summer was a bit hard on my skin.  I suffered a few sunburns in August, followed by a beach vacation that left my skin dry from the salt too.  As a result, my skin was dry and peeling.  After I returned, I soaked in their milk bath and then used the mineral scrub to exfoliate.  My skin did look much better afterward.  I didn't look (and feel) like a snake molting their skin anymore.  Better yet, my skin still felt and looked hydrated the next day.

Another great use I found for Calgon's Mineral Scrub and Soak was my feet.  Summer means barefoot and flip flop weather and my heels were a bit on the rough side.  I actually have very ticklish feet, so I was glad to find that rubbing the scrub on my heels didn't leave me rolling around laughing in the bath tub.  It did, however, leave them noticeably smoother, and I can definitely say I'll be using their scrub on my heels often.

Overall, I liked both products that I tried.  The scrub does separate a bit, so be sure to give it a stir if it's been a while since you used it.  The milk bath should be used as directed --- put in while drawing your bath.  If you add it later, it doesn't homogenize as well and you'll have some "chunks" of the milk bath floating in your bath. 

Please visit the Calgon website to learn more and see what other bath products that they have that will 'Take you away!'

Disclosure:  I received product samples to facilitate my review.  I was not compensated to pen this blog post, nor was I required or asked to write a favorable review.  The opinions stated herein are 100% my own. 

No comments: