This Review and Giveaway is brought to you by Carmex.
I'm not a lipstick kind of person, mainly because I don't typically wear make up. If I do wear make up, it is a very light touch. I can still remember my sister practically begging me to let her do my make up on my wedding day. I was all dressed and she came in with her make up insisting that I have a little something done. I must confess, she was right. I did look much nicer after her ministrations. It never crossed my mind to wear any for my big day. Sad but true!
While I might not wear make up, I am a total fan of lip balm and use it a few times a day. I recently tried Carmex's Moisture Plus Tinted Lip Balms and I have to say, I like the way they look on me. The tint is subtle and not overpowering.
Features I liked:
The Carmex Moisture Plus Tinted Lip Balm has a slanted tip. This made it very easy to apply. The tint is also the size of the diameter of a fat ball point pen. That meant I could easily apply without having to worry about getting too much on over the natural line of my lips (yes, I am that bad at applying make up....)
Aloe and E are present in the formula, which helps provide moisture. It's even SPF 15, which gives you some protection from sun exposure.
The lid snaps shut tightly, so I won't worry about getting pink all over the inside of my new purse...
Favorite feature: Never tested on animals. The back of the package says it is tested on family members instead.
The peach and pink tints are only available at Walgreens or Walgreens.com. I hope they plan to expand to other retailers since Walgreens is quite a distance for me right now.
After about a half an hour, my lips did feel a bit tacky. I think this is due to the tint since I use various Carmex lip balms and don't have that tacky lip feeling after using those products.
Giveaway: Carmex has provided me with a set of two Carmex Moisture Plus tints (pink and peach) as a giveaway for one of my readers. They have even generously packaged them up in a pre-paid envelope so that I can mail them out quickly once the giveaway has ended. Two huge thumbs up for that!
This giveaway will end on 12/6/2010 at 11:59 PM. Winner will be emailed and will have 48 hours to get back to me with shipping information. Open to US only, and you must be 18 years or older to participate. If winner doesn't respond within the specified time frame, I'll have to select a different winner from comments. Please make sure that your email is in the comment or in your blogger profile. I need a way to reach you if you should win. Winner chosen 12/7 via Random.org.
- Tell me which one of Carmex's Moisture Plus Tints that you want to try first - pink or peach! Leave your answer in a comment with your email info or let me know if it is in your profile. Mandatory entry - do this or other entries won't count!
- What other colors would you like to see Carmex offer in their lip tint line? Leave me a comment with one color you would like to see them offer. You can do this entry only once.
- Follow me on Twitter (or tell me if you already do) and tweet out this contest. You can tweet daily! These lip balms would make a nice stocking stuffer, don't you think? Leave a comment for each daily tweet.
- Follow me on GFC (right side bar) - leave me a comment telling me you just did or already are!
- Subscribe via email (right side bar) - leave me a comment telling me you just did or already are!
- Follow Carmex on Twitter That link takes you to their Twitter contest! Come back and leave me a comment letting me know you are following them (or already following them).
Disclosure: As a Blog Squad Member, I received two Carmex Moisture Plus Tinted Lip Balms to review at no cost to me. Though the items were provided to me for free, the opinions stated herein are 100% my own. I did rely on packaging for ingredient information.