GIVEAWAY CLOSED - THANKS SO MUCH FOR ENTERING.
Carmex graciously sent me a large sampling of their products, including some new products, Carmex Healing Lotion and Carmex Healing Cream. They are shown above in the bottom, right pocket of the traveling case that all of the samples arrived in.
I'm a big fan of Carmex products in general. I always have a tube of their lip balm in my pocket, in the car, on the dresser... I can't stand having dry lips, so I like to be prepared. One of the first things that I do in the morning is put on some lip balm because my tooth paste dries out my lips. Conversely, it is also one of the last things that I do at night.
When you think of Carmex, you typically think of all of their lip products. However, they now have two lotion products. Note: Carmex products are not tested on animals.
Carmex Healing Lotion: This is a daily lotion, which is slightly thinner than the healing cream. I like that it doesn't make my hands feel greasy. The scent is nice, and not overpowering. Vanillin is listed as an ingredient and I do think that I detect a slight scent of vanilla. Carmex's Healing Lotion contains aloe and Vitamin E and other ingredients such as mineral oil and lanolin which help moisturize your skin. This is a good every day type of lotion and one I see myself using more often with winter approaching.
Carmex Healing Cream: This is thicker than Carmex's Healing Lotion and great for those dry elbows I tend to get. Something I noticed about this product is that it absorbs quickly. I have tried other brands in the past, only to have them rub off without getting the chance to soften my skin. I like that it is thick enough to really penetrate into my dry skin's crevices so that my skin will feel more like a soft silk versus a scratchy piece of sandpaper! The scent is somewhat similar to the healing lotion and is very pleasant. This product contains 9 healing ingredients such as lanolin, cocoa seed butter and mineral oil.
I liked the packaging for these products too. They came in a tube, which let me squeeze out just the amount I needed. I am not a fan of pumps because I usually have splatters from that, including getting it on my clothing. I much rather like to take just what I need by way of a gentle squeeze.
Of course, I tried the other products pictured, but wanted to focus this post on Carmex's new lotions! I will be featuring more Carmex products in the future, so please stay tuned!
Buy some! Carmex's Healing Lotion and Healing Cream products are available at Walgreens, Walgreens.com and Drugstore.com. They retail for approximately $5.99.
You can also enter to win a sample at the Carmex website. 50 winners a week!
Giveaway! Win your own travel case (as pictured above), which includes everything you see in the picture. That means your very own tubes of Carmex's new lotions, as well as the lip products shown. Take another look at that picture and come back down here and enter to win it! ARVover $50!
Mandatory entry: Tell which of the two new Carmex lotion products above that you would try first. Do you need a good, daily lotion like Carmex's Healing Lotion or are you so parched that you need Carmex's Healing Cream? Leave a comment telling me which one you want to try first. Include your email in this mandatory entry so I can contact you if you win.
- Like Carmex on Facebook. As of this writing, if you hit the Like button, you will be entered into a Facebook contest (unaffiliated with the giveaway here) to win a trio of their lip balms! Leave a comment letting me know that you Like them (or if you already have, let me know that too!)
- Follow Carmex on Twitter - There's currently a contest, similar to the one on Facebook, that runs through most of November. Follow them and tweet out the contest and you might win a trio of their lip balms. Here's a link to the contest, which includes a link to follow Carmex on Twitter. Follow them and tweet the contest per their instructions and come back and leave me a comment.
- Be my Google Friend! Become my Google Friend (right side bar) or tell me if you already are and leave me your Google Friend name.
- Subscribe to my blog and confirm your subscription. You can subscribe by email (right side bar) or by RSS. If you already subscribe, just leave me a comment letting me know.
- Follow me on Twitter and tweet out this giveaway. If you are already following, just tweet out the giveaway link. You can use: Win a Carmex winter essentials kit - including new lotions and lots of lip balm! @carmexlipbalm @PinchingAbe http://tinyurl.com/2dls39p
Important to note: This giveaway ends 11/10/2010 at 11:59 PM. Winner to be drawn on 11/11 via Random.org from eligible comments. You must complete the mandatory entry for other entries to count and no entries accepted after contest closing time. Winner will have 48 hours to return an email asking for shipping information. If selected winner does not respond within 48 hours, I will have to choose an alternate winner. Contest open to US residents only who are 18 or older. If you have any questions, please ask!
Disclosure: As a member of Carmex's Blog Squad, I received a kit, as pictured above, at no cost to me for the purposes of review, as well as product information. In addition, Carmex is providing me with a kit to giveaway here at Making Ends Meet. Though the items were free, my opinions were honest.
If you would like to enter other Carmex such as this one, please visit my blogging friends below:
The King's Court IV - ends 11/13
Confessions of an Overworked Mom - ends 11/8
Lucky Rosies - ends 11/12
Mommy's Free Time - ends 11/16