Pictured to the right, you can see the Oxo Good Grips skirt hanger. The clips are adjustable, so whether you are thin or a little larger, the clips will adjust to hold your skirt. Upon first glance, I was worried about the clips to be honest. They just didn't look like they would hold tight and I worried I'd be fishing my future skirts from the floor of the closet. However, I gave them a pinch and even made it grip my hand and it was very secure.
Finally, the pants hanger is kind of cool too. Each bar can be removed completely and then is snapped into place. I would definitely use this for my own dress pants. This space saving design is definitely something that I need in my overcrowded closet. Hubby was less impressed - he likes to hang his pants by the cuffs upside-down in the closet along the crease lines. I like that the whole bar comes out of the hanger unit, but I also wish it would swing open. I am picturing myself hanging pants and needing to lay them on the bed to be able to have enough force to push both sides of the bar in. I have cats - therefore, I have fur! I will have to work out the best way to use this hanger without getting clothes furry.
To sum it up.... I love
- The grips - my clothes won't slide off the hanger
- The sturdiness - This plastic won't bend with weight from the garments/coats I own
- The slimness - sturdy yet not bulky, so a major space saver in closets
- Color - black and white is a little ho-hum. I'd like to see some bolder or more muted colors. The white can be blinding.
- Metal hook - I wish it would swivel a little. Sometimes I put shirts on backwards and then when I hang them, they aren't all facing the same direction. Editing to add that these do swivel after all. It is a tight swivel at first until they loosen up a little. The one I had was particularly tight, but I did test other hangers and they swiveled more easily. Oxo did contact me to let me know this stiffness is intentional so that your hangers don't flop around in your closet.
- Skirt hanger - I would like the bar to swing out and also come all the way out if needed.
Would you like to win some? The generous folks at Oxo have sent me a second set of these hangers to give away here at Making Ends Meet. Take a look. Hey, I'm not the best photog around ;)
This giveaway will run through 11/15/2010 at 11:59 PM. Winner will be drawn on 11/16/2010 via Random.org and will have 48 hours to respond to an email asking for shipping information. If winner does not return email within 48 hours, I will have to draw a different winner. I will be responsible for shipping prize to winner. Contest is open to US residents only who are 18 or older.
Mandatory entry: Which of the above hangers I reviewed is the one you need most in your house and why? Leave me a comment and be sure to include your email address in there somewhere!
Extra entries: Complete any or all of these to gain extra entries. Be sure to include your email in each comment.
Follow @OxoGoodGrips on Twitter or let me know if you already do.
Follow me on Twitter or let me know if you already do.
Tweet out this giveaway on Twitter, can do once daily. Leave comment for each daily tweet. You can use: Closet makeover! Win @OxoGoodGrips hangers (suit, shirt, skirt & pants) at Making Ends Meet http://tinyurl.com/2fb29q4
Subscribe to Making Ends Meet via email (right side bar) or let me know if you already do.
Subscribe to Making Ends Meet via Reader (right side bar) or let me know if you already do.
Become my Google Friend (right side bar) or tell me if you are already a Google Friend.
Disclosure: Oxo provided me with a set of hangers for myself for review purposes. This blog post is not compensated. Oxo also generously sent another set for me to giveaway. The opinions stated herein are 100% my own or are based on comments from my family. If you have any questions, please contact me.