I hadn't heard the term "hypermiling" until today. Hypermiling is techniques that people use to get markedly higher MPG than their car is EPA rated to get on highway. I don't know about you, but your gas prices here in VA where I live are about $3.50 a gallon. Yikes! I remember grumbling about paying $3.15 a gallon around April Fool's Day.
Here's the opening paragraph of the article I wrote an article for Associated Content about hypermiling:
"As prices soar at the pump, more and more Americans are looking for ways to cut their gas costs. Most people know to walk instead of driving short distances, run errands all at once or group them more efficiently, carpooling, and, if you are in the Washington, DC area, you can slog to and from work. However, hypermiling takes gas reduction practices a bit further. Below is a list of hypermiling tips to get you started on your way to better fuel economy... to read the rest, click here...
I don't know about you guys, but I am terrified that gas prices will be well over $4 a gallon this summer. I'm willing to try just about anything to try to cut our gas costs. If you decide to try out some of these tips, please post here and let us all know your results!
No comments:
Post a Comment