Saturday, May 24, 2008

Time to start stockpiling diapers! Kimberly-Clark announces a price hike for diapers, other paper goods

In an press release dated May 23, 2008, Kimberly-Clark announced that the price of diapers and other paper goods will be going up, starting in July. The price increase is due to the increased cost in raw materials used to make diapers, toilet tissue, napkins, paper towels and facial tissue. The press release, which can be read in its entirety here is slated to occur between July 20 and August 31, 2008. The 6-8% increase may not seem like much to most, but to those of us still using diapers, it can add up to quite a bit over the course of a year.

I don't know about you, but I have noticed, at least in my neck of the woods, that diaper coupons aren't as lucrative as they were before. Whereas I used to find $2 off coupons, I am finding coupons that are $1/2 or $2/2, basically cutting my savings in half or more. Pampers has done this the past few times their coupons have shown up in the inserts. I feared then it was a trend and now it appears that I was, in fact, seeing the writing on the wall.

No comments: