I don't know about you, but around here, produce prices are going through the roof. I try to save money by shopping at a local produce stand when I can and when the vegetables I like are in season, but I still end up spending money at the grocery store and paying those high grocery store prices.
So, I did a little research, which I turned into an article I published on Associated Content. That article, How to Keep Produce Fresh, outlines some basic tips on how to extend the life of your produce. Call me silly, but I never really understood the real importance of that lever in the crisper drawer and never gave it much thought until I started the research for that article. I also never really gave much thought to which veggies would be best suited to being drawer mates either! Now, I am paying more attention to these things and hopefully extending the life of our family's produce purchases. Waste not, want not! That was always what my parents told me anyway.
No comments:
Post a Comment