Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Clearance at Belk: Hurry in to snag some back to school clothes

I went to the mall today and took the opportunity to scout out the big anchor stores for some school appropriate clothing for my daughter. Call me a prude, but I find much of the little girl's clothing marketed these days to be a bit too risquee for my tastes. The shorts are short and the skirts are shorter! I love Target, but most of their skirts are not anything I would take my child to church in, so I certainly would not send her to school in them!

But I did wander into Belk today and was surprised to find they had lots on sale, and much of their summer apparel was on clearance at half off, with some of the clothing having an additional 25% taken off. Similarly, Macy's also had clothes on clearance and I was able to snag two very nice shirts for a total of $13 and change. I did find a long, denim skirt at Belk and snatched it right up (truth be told, it was just about the only modestly long skirt I saw with all my mall tromping!)

So if you are shopping for back-to-school, be sure to check out Belk and Macy's.

No comments: