Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Ukrop's Shoppers: Take the Ukrop's Pricing Challenge

If you don't live in Virginia, chances are you have not heard of Ukrop's. Ukrop's is a grocery store chain that is located exclusively in the Commonwealth of Virginia, with a great many stores in the Richmond area. Fredericksburg has one near the Salem Church area, and that is the Ukrop's that I shop at since there are none closer to me than Fredericksburg. It is a shame, really, since I noticed recently a larger quantity of wheat free/gluten free products at the store in Fredericksburg. To say that I was giddy with joy was an understatement.

While at Ukrop's on a recent visit, I spied a yellow pamphlet inviting me to take the Ukrop's Pricing Challenge. Now, to be honest, I have always thought that Ukrops was higher priced on many items, but I did appreciate a grocery store that offered so many natural and organic foods. The Ukrop's Pricing Challenge entails buying 20 items (regular week's groceries) at Ukrop's and then within a week, go to another store and write down their prices for the same items. Just for taking the challenge, you receive a $10 Ukrop's gift card. If Ukrop's prices are higher, they will give you a gift card worth double the difference. The challenge can be taken only twice a year, though. You must have a UVC card to take the challenge. You don't even have to mail it in... take your form and your receipt (write the competitor's prices on your Ukrop's receipt) and drop it off at their Customer Service desk.

A bit of work for a little bit of cash? Perhaps. But I am up for the Ukrop's Pricing Challenge... are you?

No comments: