Saturday, October 09, 2010

Have you compared credit cards lately to make sure you're still getting the best deal?

This blog post is brought to you by your friends at FinanceGlobe.com.  

I remember when I got my very first credit card.  My car had broken down and we needed a socket set to fix it go get home.  At check out, they asked me if I would like to apply for a credit card and save 10%.  Being the frugalista that I am, I did and was approved and saved an extra 10% right there.  Eventually, I was offered a Novus card, which then in turn led to a Discover Card.  It is by far my favorite card to use because of the cash back option.  However, while I am loyal, I do keep my eyes out for other better cards that suit the needs of my ever-changing life.

To me, it is important to read reviews before I commit.  Ideally, I'd like to see credit card reviews from people who I identify with --- people I view as being just like me.  I'm no jet setter, so frequent airline miles would not do me much good.  The perks have to match my lifestyle and I'd like to be able to compare card offerings to help in the decision making process.

Would one of the Chase credit cards suit me better than one of the Citi credit cards available in the market?  How do they compare to my current favorite card?  As card issuers begin to compete more due to the credit card reform recently enacted, I think it is just smart to keep tabs on your current cards and check into what other cards are offering.  Sometimes loyalty is not rewarded and it is truly in your best interest to take your business elsewhere.

Disclosure:  This blog post is brought to you by your friends at FinanceGlobe.com. 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It's true, there are a lot of great cards out there but if your not one to use the rewards then they are not good for you. We love our Canadian Tire Credit card as we earn Canadian Tire money to use in the store! Hubby loves it.