Thursday, November 11, 2010

Wordy Wednesday (a day late): Onward to Series C!


What's that saying about day late and dollar short?  This week's Wordy Wednesday post is coming to you on Thursday.  I know, I'm such a slacker...

This week we'll be printing out the first of the Series C Stepping Stones Books.  We finished B and are looking forward to hitting the home stretch with this program.  My little man is phenomenal and we are actually pricing out the coveted DS to look for the best deal.  Hubby and I even talked about getting him some DS games for Christmas!

One thing I'm hoping to see in the C series is numbers.  For two weeks straight, his sight word list from school has been the numbers spelled out from one to ten.  I've struggled trying to find some books that we have that have them spelled out.  I found an old baby board book with the one, two buckle my shoe rhyme in there.  I noticed some of the words in the B series were not typical ones you'd run into in kid's literature, particularly for his age. Tornado was one of them.  So I'm looking forward to seeing what new words are going to be introduced in this new series.

his blog post is part of a series of posts that I am doing about my experience with Stepping Stones Together.  Please check back each Wednesday for a Wordy Wednesday post and catch up on past weeks' progress by reading the posts tagged "Stepping Stones Together".

No comments: