Monday, January 24, 2011

Cradle of Rome Wii game = used, scratched 'Incredible Hulk' movie (Office Depot #FAIL)

I'm not perfect, not even close!  However, recently I ordered 'Cradle of Rome' on Wii from Office Depot for the bargain price of $7.99.  It shipped free and arrived last week... or did it?  No.  Inside the Office Depot package was a scratched up, open DVD version of 'The Incredible Hulk.'

Assuming that this was a mistake (perhaps someone meant to lend their copy to a co-worker?) I emailed Office Depot and expressed my unhappiness.  I, after all, wanted 'Cradle of Rome'  - a new game - and was not expecting a scratched up few years old DVD.  In the end, I was routed to a Customer Service rep who did not grasp English grammar (nor, apparently my request for the game I ordered and NOT for a refund):

As per your request we have processed credit and confirmation#XXXX, this amount will be credited to your account with in 7 to 10 business days.
 
Kindly let us know if you have any question.
I did have a "any question" and that involved a) what happened and b) when she/he said "account" did she mean my gift card or did they credit an account online, thus meaning I could only use the gift card online and not in a store.  No response.  No "sorry" for messing up your order either.

I could chalk this up to an isolated event, BUT imagine my surprise when my sister called today to tell me she got a scratched up 'Incredible Hulk' movie in lieu of 'Cradle of Rome' too!  If you ordered based on the information I provided and received junk instead of a new Wii game, be sure to call Office Depot and report the warehouse problem. 
 

No comments: