Monday, March 28, 2011

My favorite thing about Easter... No, it isn't Marshmallow Peeps (though it's a close second!) #HOPParty



This post is brought to you by Hop: The movie via SocialMoms.  They asked this question: What is your favorite thing about Easter?

If I were to ask my husband what he thought my favorite thing about Easter might be, he might take a look around and see the spent Marshmallow Peeps packages and tell you that I am an absolute fiend when it comes to those sugar-coated marshmallow bunnies.  While I *do* love Marshmallow Peeps a lot, they aren't my all-time favorite thing about Easter.  I can live without Peeps (I gave them up one year for Lent), but since my kids are still young enough, my favorite thing about Easter is playing Easter Bunny! 

The Mystery of the Easter Bunny:  How did that egg get up there?

We The Easter Bunny loves to hide Easter eggs in our house.  He's found some pretty awesome hiding places over the years, which have astounded the kids.  One year, the Easter Bunny hid an egg up in the arm of the ceiling fan paddle.  The kids didn't think the Easter Bunny could hop that high.  Another time, he carefully laid one across the top of the cracked linen closet door.  All in all, he's a crafty one when it comes to hiding eggs.  You never know where you'll find one in our house!

Weather permitting:  He loves to hide eggs outside!

One of the nicest Easters that I can remember was the year the Easter Bunny painstakingly filled  20 colored eggs with Sacagawea golden dollars and hid them out in the yard.  It was a lot of fun watching our toddler dart from egg to egg with no real pattern to picking up the eggs.

Pictured:  Kidlets with Easter Bunny
Playing Easter Bunny connects me to my childhood.

Playing Easter Bunny with my husband helps me feel connected to happy childhood memories.  I remember looking for Easter eggs as a kid and being so excited to find eggs and my Easter Basket.  I can still almost smell that one egg my parents the Easter Bunny hid behind my mom's sewing machine.  That was a learning experience.  Nowadays, we are smart enough to a) count the eggs and b) make note of where we hid every single one of them.

One thing that I'm really looking forward to this year is some good weather!  Last year, the weather didn't cooperate and we couldn't hold an outdoor hunt on Easter morning.  Since Easter will arrive very late this year, at the very end of April, I am hopeful that the Easter Bunny will get the opportunity to practice some serious egg hiding skills in our back yard.

Do you particularly enjoy hiding eggs for your children?  Please let me know by
leaving a comment!  I'd love to hear about all the ingenious places where 
the Easter Bunny hides eggs at your house. 

From my sponsor:  About Hop
 
Blending state of the art animation with live action, Hop is a comedy about E.B. (voiced by Russell Brand), the teenage son of the Easter Bunny. On the eve of taking over the family business, E.B. leaves for Hollywood in pursuit of his dream of becoming a drummer.  Once there, he encounters Fred (James Marsden of the X-Men series, Enchanted), recently fired and determined to pull his life together.  Feigning injury, E.B. persuades Fred to take him in, and Fred finds himself living with the world’s worst houseguest.   Back on Easter Island, the Easter Bunny’s second in command, an oversized chick named Carlos, seizes E.B.’s disappearance as an opportunity to plot a coup.  Ultimately, Fred and E.B. are Easter’s only hope and they find themselves returning to Easter Island, locked in an epic battle to save the beloved holiday.  The film is helmed by Tim Hill, director of the blockbuster Alvin and the Chipmunks and produced by Chris Meledandri’s Illumination Entertainment (Despicable Me).

Hop on over to these sites to learn more about Hop.

More info: www.iwantcandy.com

Universal Pictures on Facebook 

Follow @UniversalPics on Twitter

Disclosure: I wrote this blog post while participating in the SocialMoms and Hop blogging program, for a gift card worth $25. For more information on how you can participate, click here.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

really? I just knew you were going to say Peeps! I said Peeps for mine...LOL. BTW- I have a recipe for a peeps cake that I need to send to you! =)