Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Kindle with Special Offers: Save $25 by agreeing to be advertised to....



If you've been wanting a Kindle, but are reluctant to part with even $139 for the basic, wi-fi model, you may be happy to know that Amazon launched a new Kindle product called Kindle with Special Offers. This new Kindle is priced at $114, edging closer to that magic $100 mark that is quite enticing to buyers.  What makes this wi-fi model discounted?  The special price is because for the pleasure of saving $25, you'll be agreeing to being marketed to with "special offers" and "sponsored screensavers".  The offers, from what the company posted on its landing page, could include great savings (offers like $10 for $20 Amazon GC --- sounds like Groupon to me), so it may be worth it in the long run.

What is interesting to me, since I've been following the price wars between nook and Kindle (disclosure: I own a nook), I wonder if nook and other e-readers will follow suit with this type of promo?

What do you think?  Does the $25 savings tied to your e-reader advertising to you turn you off?  Or is your reading time sacred and you'd prefer no marketing when you turn on your Kindle?  Please leave me a comment to let me know your thoughts on this matter.


* Please note that this post does contain a referral link, as I am an Amazon Associate. Shopping through the link may result in a direct benefit to me. 

No comments: