Sunday, April 24, 2011

Sergeant's Pet Care Products to offer generic of Frontline Plus (May 2011)

I don't know about you, but I cringed the last time I had to buy flea medicine for my cats.  It was painful on my pocketbook, but what can you do?  I sure didn't want fleas in the house.  I recently read a press release that indicated that Sargeant's Pet Care would be making generic equivalents of Frontline Plus®, FiproGuard™ Plus and Pronyl OTC™ Plus available starting next month. The generics will contain the same active ingredients, so they should work the same as the name brand products. 

The press release doesn't say how much cheaper, nor does it give a list of stores that will be carrying the generics, only that they'll be available at "wide range of retail locations in May 2011."

What do you think about this news?  I think it will be very good for pet owners, particularly those with multiple pets.

No comments: