Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Need a cat carrier in a pinch? Or can't afford one?

True story:  I had to leave for the vet's office in half an hour and pulled out my pet carrier, somehow remembering it to be twice the size that it actually is.  I had two cats to get to the vet and only one would fit in the carrier I had.  What to do?  One kitty got the soft, over the shoulder bag carrier and the other got this well-ventilated cat carrier (a/k/a laundry basket with a blanket secured over the top with a scarf I knitted last winter).  Necessity is the mother of invention and if you ever find yourself needing a cat carrier or just can't afford one, consider this quick and easy option. 

Granted, I chose Kitty #2 for the laundry basket because he can often be spotted curled up inside them when they're empty.

No comments: