Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Johnson's Baby Cares: Helping babies with Save the Children

I know that I feel heartbreak when I read about disasters that affect children.  It's almost as if I feel the mother's pain because I can only imagine what it would feel like to be in their place, facing obstacles and uncertainty. Disasters are seen through my mom lens -- and often I'm left wondering how I could help. 

I am particularly touched by malnourished children.  I hate seeing them so frail and bony.  It breaks my heart even more now since I lost my mom to cancer around Thanksgiving.  It took every bit of fat and flesh from her frame, and I couldn't help but look at her and feel like I was staring at a child, like one I'd see on a commercial for Save the Children.  There is a lot that can be done to help children, aside from food aid.  Read on to learn about a partnership between a top baby company and Save the Children and what you can do to support their efforts.

Johnson's Baby Cares:  What they do to help children

Johnson's Baby Cares is donating Baby "Care Kits" to Save the Children, who will in turn distribute them to families struck by disaster.  These "Care Kits" come  stocked with baby essentials such as lotions, washes, shampoos, diaper creams, etc.  All items that babies need every day, especially during a disaster.  

Donating is very easy.  Visit Johnson's Facebook page to learn more.  From there, you can click a link and be redirected to a secure site where you can make a donation via credit card, Google Checkout, by mail, or even PayPal.  If you wish, you can set up a recurring donation, or opt a one-time donation.  Though they have suggested giving amounts, you can choose other and input an amount that you're able to donate.  Every little bit helps the cause and allows you the flexibility to give as little or as much as you can afford.




Social Media as a way to help

Do you have a minute, literally?  Johnson's will donate an additional $50,000 to Save the Children when they achieve 500,000 views on their "Happy Mother's Day, Mom -- You're Doing OK" video, posted below, which is just over a minute in length. Viewing the video -- a donation of time -- is a great way to donate too. When your own bills are eating up your cash, there are other ways to support a charity, such as spending just one minute of your time viewing a video.

In this economy, I'm sure a lot of people wish they could do more to help out charities such as Save the Children.  In reality, there are easy ways to donate to charities online, giving what you can, not to mention by interaction with Social Media, which just takes a few moments of your time and can help a charity so much.  Johnson's Baby Cares is a worthy cause because it addresses a need that can often be overlooked --- simple hygiene products for babies. 

Please leave a comment letting me know if you donated and/or viewed the video. 

Disclosure:  I wrote this review while participating in a campaign by Mom Central Consulting on behalf of Johnson & Johnson and received a promotional item to thank me for my participation

No comments: