Friday, October 19, 2012

Kroger/General Mills Buy 5, Save 5 Cartbuster haul (pic) #MyBlogSpark


That's part of my Buy 5, Save 5 haul at Kroger's!  In all I got 18 boxes of cereal and a lot of Betty Crocker mac and cheese.  No fears here -- if my kids don't like it, there is always donating to the local food pantry or Boy Scouts' Scouting for Food. 

To be honest, I didn't use a single (gasp) Sunday paper coupon.  All of the ones I used were printed here and there on the internet and added onto my Kroger card.

One thing I learned for next time is to only buy 1 of an item you have an e-coupon on your card for.  I had two $1.10/2 kick back (off cookie dough) and only the Kroger e-coupon ($1 off 2) came off, despite me buying more than just 1 set of cookies :(  But these things happen and I also was one item short once and missed a $5 catalina.  All in all, I did great.  Not pictured:  Toaster Strudels (used .85/3 printed at Betty Crocker.com) and Totino's pizzas (there's a Kroger e-coupon for $1/5, so be sure to buy 5 and not four as there's an offer on some packages for $5 back when you buy 4 specially marked Totino's pizzas). 

With regard to the cereal, I found lots of .50 and .60 off to print (.60 at the Betty Crocker site, but those didn't double.  The .50/1 I printed did, however, and I had some for the Cocoa Puffs and the Honey Nut Cheerios) and .75/1 MultiGrain Cheerios was a printable as well.  The Lucky Charms and Trix I did not have coupons, but I used catalinas to cover those since in my first order through, I got a $2 off 5 General Mills catalina coupon to spend.  The Trix and Lucky Charms have codes where you enter 2 and you get a movie ticket that you print out.  The tickets are valued up to $12, so a great deal!  You stock up on cereal and get to go to the movies.

With regard to Pillsbury cookie dough (24 ct cookies) -- look for specially marked packages offering free Totino's coupon by mail if you haven't already done that offer.

The Toaster Strudels also had an offer for a movie ticket.  They were $2 each (I used a .85/3 printable from bettycrocker.com instead of a .75/3 from coupons.com since I only bought 3).  Blueberry and Raspberry (neither flavors my kids like) had codes to enter to get a free child's movie ticket with the purchase of an adult ticket.  You need 3 codes for this offer --> http://www.emoviecash.com/pillsbury/faqs.html

I didn't have any coupons for the Betty Crocker cake mixes or frostings.  The mac and Cheese was free after catalina as they were $1 each.

The Hamburger helpers were $1.50 each and I used the .75/3 printable on those.

Chex mix had an e-coupon from Kroger added to my card for .50/1 off one.

Old El Paso were 4 for $5 and I didn't have coupons for those either.  Still a good deal after catalina though.

Since my Kroger is over an hour away and the catalinas expire in one week, my final run through was to stock up on meat.  I was still able to get a lot of good deals as chicken breast was on sale for $1.88 per lb and the angus burger we like was on sale as well.  I also picked up some bacon to stock up on that too.

Disclosure:  Kroger and General Mills provided me with information about this promo via MyBlogSpark.  I received a gift card to help me make purchases to highlight here. 

No comments: