Sunday, December 30, 2012

Papa John's Free pizza code --- use by 1/7/2013, plus a cautionary tale...

Papa John's has a new free pizza promo for it's Papa's Rewards members.  Here's what you need to do to score a free pizza pie***




*** Note:  Your free pizza is really enough points for a pizza.  These points expire.  Say that you have 25 pizza points now, enough for a free pizza, so you want to use the free promo points first.  Uh-uh, not gonna happen.  Trust me on this.  If you have enough points for a free pizza already and claim free pizza thinking that you used your promo points, that's not how it works.  I lost a free pizza last time because I mistakenly believed I was using my promo points FIRST and keeping my regular points for another day.  Not quite how it worked since I ordered my free pizza, got it, then just after the promo wanted to use my own pizza points for another pizza and boom, my account was practically empty as it used my points first and then the rewards promo points disappeared.  So learn from my mistake and order two free pizzas before the promo ends.  It will freeze! 

So, in that respect, I have a bone to pick with #4 above in the screen shot I took.  That was NOT how it worked last time.  You do use the 25PAPA code for both regular free pizza using your points and for this promo, which is where, I think, the issue I had stemmed from.  You do not designate which points you are using (such as promo points), so just bear that in mind if you have enough for free pizza already.

No comments: