Saturday, July 05, 2014

Why the hiatus? We listed our house for sale!

I know what you're thinking.

"Wow, I haven't seen a post from her in like... forever!"

Yep!  I just realized I haven't updated this blog in 3 months.  Pretty sad, eh?  You might have thought I dropped off the face of the Earth.  Nope. During that time, I was as busy as a beaver.

You see, we decided last winter that we *might* be able to sell our home and finally be able to move.  We invited a Realtor in, had him take a look, and counsel us on what we needed to do to ready our home for sale.  Do this, do that.  Declutter this, stage that.  You get the drift.

And that is why I don't want to see a paint brush for at least a year.  Or two. We freshened up paint all over the house, finished off the molding around the laminate that we had laid throughout, updated two bathrooms, re-screened a porch, painted and did minor repairs to another porch, and a host of things I'm sure I'm forgetting (aside from painting every interior door in the entire house).  No small feat since my husband traveled several times for work while I was trying to get projects done. 

There was a point where I considered that his boss was sending him away for work just to foil my well-laid plans for getting outta here since two of the trips overlapped two weekends, effectively stealing four solid weekends of him tackling some honey do list items.   Eventually, we ran out of to-do items and were able to list in June.

It was a lot of work in between piano lessons and cheerleading practice and games.  And now, it's a waiting game to see if we can get an offer at a price that is fair to both buyer and seller.  I hate waiting!

I'm hoping to have a bit more time to be posting deals in between keeping the house spotless for showings.

If you have any great home selling tips that worked for you, please post in the comments below.

No comments: