Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Greenfield Online - Legitimate Survey #7. Not a real moneymaker, but could be good for some..

When I first started survey taking a few years ago, I literally signed up for every legitimate survey company that I could find. Someone had recommended Greenfield to me, so I took a chance. I can't complain that I didn't receive payment, since I did. It took a long, long time, but it came. They have since switched to a PayPal option which is nice. However, to be honest, I wouldn't bother with this survey company unless you are a male.

Did I just say that? Yes. My husband is a member and gets somewhat frequent survey invitations offering him decent remuneration for taking their survey or joining an online discussion board to talk shop about products. Me? I get survey invites asking me to spend a half hour to earn a measly buck. Or worse, a half hour to earn a sweeps entry! Though recently, I see, they have instituted a "quarter for your thoughts" where they offer a quarter now for those surveys they used to want you to spend a good half hour of your time on for free. Many of their surveys are repetitive in nature and you are just praying that the next question is the last.... they take forever. There is a reason why Survey Police has Greenfield ranked as number 31 on their list.

If you do decide to join, just do what I do. I look at the invitation and if they want me to spend more than 10 minutes or offer me a buck or less for my time, I pass. I hit that delete button and move on. I generally skip over surveys for restaurants, cell phones, technology items, etc. Basically anything that doesn't look like it will lead to a product test. Surveys that are targeting consumers to try a product won't take a half hour! Ten minutes, maybe 15, max! Product tests do pay fairly well, plus most of the time, you can keep the product when you are finished.

If you do decide to join, you can do so by clicking here.

No comments: