Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Product testing: What kind of products do you test?

Whenever I refer a friend to surveys as a way to earn extra money, the subject of product tests inevitably comes up. I have been asked several times recently about what kind of items I have tested in the past. As I mentioned in my previous post about Greenfield Online, most survey companies that screen for product tests generally can do so in ten minutes or less. So what kind of products have I tested? Here's a short list:
  • Diapers (more than once)
  • Pull-ups (more than once)
  • Wipes (more than once)
  • Diaper Cream
  • Personal Lubricant
  • Bras
  • Underwear
  • Toaster Pastries
  • Shampoo
  • Conditioner
  • Sunless tanning product
  • Feminine products (maxi pads)
  • DVDs of television programs
  • Audition tapes - to pick a host for proposed TV shows)
  • Facial cleansers
  • Hand lotions
  • Children's Food products (well known manufacturer)
  • Dog Biscuits/treats
  • Cat treats
This is just a list of items fresh in my mind. There's probably more. I hope this list helps you when you are determining if you think a survey might lead to a product test. Someone I know did get some beer once to test, so if you drink, alcohol surveys do tend to pay quite well and can lead to product tests.

If anyone else cares to leave a comment about their own lists of product tests they have done in the past, please do!

2 comments:

Jen said...

Thanks for your help! I have e-mailed two different addresses, and have heard nothing back, so I will call. Unfortunately I did not save the original e-mail, but I will from now on! Thanks again!

Michelle said...

I've been fortunate to do a lot of product testing myself--it can be a lot of fun! Here's my list (at least what I can remember, anyway):

-baby wipes
-toddler wipes
-shampoo/conditioner
-body wash/soap
-air fresheners
-granola bars/snack bars/breakfast bars
-soup
-coffee
-underwear
-lotion
-face care products (eye cream, facial cleansers, etc.)
-diapers/pull-ups
-batteries

That's all I can remember at the moment--but that's a pretty nice list, I would say! :)