Sunday, April 20, 2008

Opinion Outpost - Legitimate Survey Panel #14. Earn cash by doing surveys.

Opinion Outpost is a legitimate survey panel that pays cash for your opinions. I have been with Opinion Outpost for about two years. I really can't recall how I got put onto Opinion Outpost, but it was probably my sister who hooked me up with them. At first, I didn't qualify for a lot of surveys, but it seems that in the past year or so, I qualify for a good many of them. Since 1/2007, I have cashed out 5 times.

How it works: Opinion Outpost emails you survey invitations and they have Opinion points attached to them. 10 points is equivalent to $1. Many surveys are worth more than 10 points, so you could cash out after two or three surveys depending upon the point value. You need 50 Opinion points to cash out and receive a $5 check. It generally takes 6 weeks or so to receive a check via mail. My last cash out which was on 1/16/2008 was for 57 points. I received a check for $5.70. To date, I have cashed out for about $35 total since I signed up for this company.

I really like that the surveys have a point value assigned to them. For the most part, it is a fair amount. If the survey is long, the points are higher. If you aren't going to qualify for a survey, you will know fairly quickly. This is a very nice thing since certain other survey companies have you spend 10 minutes answering questions, only to find you do not qualify. To me, it should be very evident within the first 5-10 questions whether or not you will qualify. I have seen surveys range between 10 points and 182 points. (I, sadly, did not qualify for the 182 pointer.) I encourage you to sign up since Opinion Outpost is a reputable company that pays and treats its panelists fairly when it comes to compensation.

Want to join? Please click this link: Opinion Outpost's sign up page.


For must know tips on how to get started taking surveys, don't pass up my article How To Make Ends Meet and Still Be a Stay At Home Mom. The part that deals with surveys is on pages 2 and 3 of that article, but you may want to read the rest for other ideas.

2 comments:

Pinching Abe said...

That's odd... I've never had a problem with Opinion Outpost, but I steer clear of any from OTX. I suggest the same tac for you. OTX is notorious for making you jump through 80 questions and then giving you the "sorry you don't qualify" screen.

Mindfield just lowered its payout threshold, so that at least is something.

Basically, you have to be kind of choosy when it comes to some of these survey sites. If I read the description and don't think it is going anywhere good, I just don't do them.

I have had good luck with Your2Cents... they've always paid timely for me. I just don't qualify a lot of the time.

John said...

I just signed up with Opinion Outpost and have earned 100 points ($10) in the first week. I'm pretty excited--even though I haven't qualified for a survey for 2 days, as long as I can do a few a month, I'll be happy.