Thursday, May 08, 2008

Poll: Check out side bar please. Are you buying more generic products lately?

I know I have mentioned this before, but grocery prices are starting to scare me. I mean seriously, as in I might start having actual nightmares about the cost of anything corn related! With the increased jump in prices at the grocery store, I am finding myself seeking out more and more generic or store brand products. Are you also?

Please take a second and submit your answer to the Poll question in the right sidebar. I appreciate your responses and if you are buying more generic/store brand items, please post below and let us all know what is just as good as name brand! I have been buying Food Lion cereal for myself. The kids are still hooked on Lucky Charms and Cookie Crisp and won't eat their generic equivalent for the most part. However, Food Lion's version of Special K is apparently just as good as regular Special K since my daughter will eat that, but only if we write a big red K on the box (at her request.) Strange, but true. What a mom won't do to save a buck! Anyone know of any deals on Red Sharpies???

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You aren't kidding! I went shopping the other day and normally it is something I really enjoy. I walked through the store in shock. I came home and just sat down in front of the Tv for a little while because the whole experience broght me down. Everything is going up, except our paychecks!