I received a cool email from Amazon today... they invited me to post the Amazon Prime widget you see on the right. Caveat here: I would get an incentive for any sign ups. I just want that to be known upfront so that no one feels misled.
I do want to share my personal experience with Amazon Prime in case you had been toying with the idea of signing up.
I first signed up for Amazon Prime about two years ago. I, too, signed up on a free trial, and to be perfectly honest, I wasn't planning to keep it by paying the fee because I wasn't all that sure that I would need and use it. I was poised to cancel my trial subscription and then forgot. However, I do believe in fate and I have been happy with Amazon Prime ever since. I have more than gotten my money's worth in saved shipping costs. So long as an Amazon item has the Prime logo, the shipping is free... no more trying to find fillers for me.
The yearly fee for Amazon Prime is $79. However, with gas costing big bucks these days, it does make financial sense for some. I personally order many Christmas presents from Amazon and I can't tell you how much money I saved on shipping directly to the recipient. (Truth be told, I did a lot of last minute shopping last year and not a single gift arrived late! No long lines at the post office for me!)
For the most part, Prime has been very reliable. It will even tell you on the Amazon site if you order using Prime when you can expect to receive your package. Since Amazon has a huge amount of books and other media, using that Super Saver shipping is a great way to save money. However, they do ship those media mail, which can take several weeks to arrive. With Prime, I can order anything media related and know that it will come in 2-3 days, as promised.
If you are interested and have some questions, please feel free to post them here or use the contact button to shoot me an email. I'll be glad to help.
The Amazon Prime trial runs through October 31, 2008, so in the interest of being frugal, you until then to sign up for the trial, which is closer to Christmas shopping time. If you want to sign up for the free Amazon Prime trial, you can do so through the widget. I appreciate any signups and if you choose not to use me as a referral, that's fine too.
No comments:
Post a Comment