Friday, March 19, 2010

My Dr. Scholl's Foot Mapping Adventure & a Printable Rebate link...

Did you know that Dr. Scholl's has footmapping technology out in a Walmart (hopefully) near you? I heard about the footmapping and decided to give it a shot. Fortunately, there was one in a Walmart 30 miles from me (hey, close only counts in horseshoes and hand grenades...) and was anxious to see what the footmapping said about my feet.

Background: I have problems with the arches in my feet. Specifically, they like to fall and cause me pain.

How the Dr. Scholl's footmapping worked: I had to take my shoes off, align my feet and move my foot until the light was in the target zone. Rinse and repeat. It was a quick test and the results showed that I had a low arch. According to Dr. Scholl's site, low arches can mean arch and heel pain. Bingo! It had me pegged.

The machine then told me which Custom Fit orthotic product would be best for me. That sounded great... that is, until I saw the price. Yikes! Approximately $50. That kind of scared me. I would have been tempted for $20 or maybe $25, but $50 is a bit much. Even with this printable $10 rebate, the cost is still quite high for a product that I am not even sure will work. However, the fine print is on the packaging. You will "feel the difference" or you can get your money back.

So, should I shell out $50 bucks on the hopes of loving the product and claiming a $10 rebate? Even if I didn't like the product, waiting months for $50 to come back is still a huge risk to me since I do sometimes not get my rebates. Recently, I had one returned to me marked refused (???) and my sister had one from one well-known company returned to her opened and taped shut, with a note on the front stating the box was closed. It is not as much of a risk to try a $4 box of granola bars as it is to shell out $50 on some orthotics.

Have you tried this product? If you have, please let me know. Also, do you think the price is far too high to appeal to the average customer? I know I'm too cheap to buy it right now, are you too? Please leave a comment below with your thoughts.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I too did the Foot map. I bought the product it told me to. I personally felt relieve within 8 hours. I bought them on my way to work. I do a lot of standing and walking. It helped me.