Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Firstrade.com - Invest in your future with online trading

This post was brought to you by your friends at Firstrade.com. The opinions stated herein are 100% my own.

Are you a stay-at-home mom? I am. I last worked a regular 9-5 job more than 5 years ago. I must confess, I do miss the security of a steady paycheck and the easy ability to plan for my retirement via 401(k) contributions. After I left that job, I had a 401(k) that was in limbo. In the end, I had to move it from my company's books to an online brokerage company, ultimately opening one of their IRA accounts because it had to go somewhere.

Not wanting to commingle funds, I have just let it sit. Though more and more I think about online trading as a means to help me save for retirement, while not working outside of the home. Not investing at my (relatively) young age is akin to throwing away the best investing years of my life by giving up compounding interest. If you've ever used a retirement calculator and typed in different ages, you definitely see what I mean!

How do you choose an Online Broker? One of the first things I recommend is checking their BBB rating. I do check BBB ratings of companies that pitch blog posts to me and I did check Firstrade.com's rating. It is rated A, which is quite a favorable rating considering that BBB rates you A-F and I did check out a potential advertiser just yesterday that had an F rating. I declined that one post haste.

If you've been thinking about stock trading, do take a look at Firstrade.com. They have some promotions going on right now - including the ability to refer a friend and earn money. They'll even refund you up to $100 of your other broker's transfer fee if you switch your investments to them.


This post was brought to you by your friends at Firstrade.com. Compensation has been provided to PinchingAbe for this blog post. My investment account referred to in this blog post is not with Firstrade.com.

No comments: