Thursday, April 15, 2010

GoGo SqueeZ applesauce as a healthy snack for kids


Do your kids beg you for junk food? Mine do. I admit, sometimes I give in to them instead of insisting on a healthy snack. We are always on the go and it is easier at times to just say "yeah, go ahead" when they ask for Doritos or candy. Healthy snacks aren't always as portable (or "clean" enough) to eat in the car. I can't tell you how many times I've said no to yogurt in the car!

I recently came across an applesauce product called GoGo SqueeZ applesauce that really piqued my interest. Not only for the kids, but also also for myself. I know I've mentioned before about my love/hate relationship with wheat: I love it, it hates me back. Living so far from a large enough city for decent shopping (with not much in between) definitely has its drawbacks. I often have to rush to town, hurry to stores and then rush back to be home for the bus. I don't have the luxury of finding a good restaurant and spend an hour waiting for prepared food that is sans wheat/gluten. I often just snack while I am away - snacking on safe foods like potato chips and gummy bears (and most recently Marshmallow Peeps.)

For me, GoGo SqueeZ would be an ideal snack for me. It is gluten free, and best of all - portable. I love applesauce but who wants to mess around with taking a cup of applesauce and then needing to remember a spoon? Having it in a squeezable food container would work out perfectly for me. For the kids, they seem to love anything that can be slurped (see aforementioned yogurt) and these would be a cool way to get the kids to want to eat a healthy snack.



Another use I see for the GoGo SqueeZ is for picnics, school field trips, beach outings, theme parks, etc. Each pouch is equal to one fruit serving and there's no sugar or artificial flavors/preservatives added. It is even Kosher for those who keep Kosher! Living near a river beach, I can definitely see myself packing these to head to the beach or playground where I don't want to deal with messy snacks.

One way I like to sneak exercise into my kids' day is to take them to the playground. I take them for walks, too, but somehow after 5 minutes they are suddenly tired and want a piggy back ride. Taking them to the park with other kids gives me a few minutes to catch up on the ever-growing pile of magazines while they run around and play with other kids and enjoy getting their exercise.

You can visit http://www.materne.us to use a product locator to find out where to buy GoGo SqueeZ near you. Don't worry, if it is not available in your area, you can also buy it on Amazon.com. You can also keep up with GoGo SqueeZ happenings on Facebook and Twitter.

Disclosure: This blog post is unpaid. I learned about GoGo SqueeZ via The Product Review Place. I have not personally tried this product and my comments are directed at how I might find the product useful in my own life.

1 comment:

Snack-Girl said...

Great post! I tried GoGo Squeez and found it to be delicious, convenient, and healthy. My favorite website for healthy snack ideas is http://www.snack-girl.com/