Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Gluten-Free Essentials Chocolate Chip Cookie Mix Review (pictures)

I recently have had the opportunity to try several products from the Gluten-Free Essentials line of gluten free baking products!  I recently baked up a batch of Gluten-Free Essentials' Chocolate Chip Cookie mix.  Do you see this bowl?  Would you believe me if I told you that it was my parents' bowl?  It doesn't match anything in my kitchen, but they left it behind when they moved out of the house (my hubby and I rented the house I grew up in for a few years in our early marriage....)  Take a look at this yummy looking batter.  The directions did call for a quick refrigeration of about 30 minutes and if you ask me, it had the consistency of sugar cookie batter when it was done chilling.  This meant it held together really well and didn't spread out before it entered the oven.  All you need to make these yummy gluten free chocolate chip cookie treats is a stick of butter, two eggs and Gluten-Free Essentials' mix.



These baked really well and very close to the 12-15 minutes specified on the pouch.  I set my timer for exactly 12 minutes and checked on them to be sure I didn't overbake.  I bake on silicone because I burn things otherwise and these turned out great.  I took some to my neighbor while they were still warm. She really loved them and she ate 3 out of 4 of them while we were chatting.

What I really liked about these cookies was their almost cake-like texture.  I haven't seen cookies raise like that in a long time!   The kids devoured them too - they didn't notice any difference in taste.  I really liked the chocolate chips too because though I love chocolate, I don't like an overpowering taste.  These chips were suited to how I like chocolate chips to taste.  I must confess, I ate a lot of these cookies.  I told my hubby that I felt like the Cookie Monster because I couldn't keep my hands off the cookie plate!


How was the yield for the Gluten-Free Essentials mix?  I got 29 cookies out of this mix, but I probably ate a cookie's worth in cookie dough.   They came off the sheet best if you allowed them to cool at least 5 minutes before removing them.  When I bake, I usually take cookies out, and set a timer for 5 minutes and then come back to move them off and start the next batch.  This is how I do it and it works best for me.

Buy it!

Gluten-Free Essentials sells their chocolate chip cookie mix via their website.  You can click here to get to the page to order.  Also, be sure to check out their variety packs as I did see a few that included these yummy treats.


Disclosure:  I received a variety of Gluten-Free Essentials products to taste and review, all free of charge to me.  This review is based on my own experience with the product.  Though I received the item reviewed at no cost to me, that did not influence my review.  I know yummy when I taste it!


Additional information:  This mix is listed as gluten free, casein free, lactose-free, dairy-free, nut-free and soy-free.

No comments: