As you may know, I will soon have some freedom since my youngest will *finally* be in Kindergarten. He can read just a few sight words, but I want to help him toward his goal of getting that DS I promised him once he learned how to read (this offer was solely for my own sanity - I couldn't imagine him playing a game and making me read every screen to him...) So, when the opportunity presented itself to obtain a copy of Rock 'n Learn's Phonics DVD, I jumped on it.
What did we think?
I haven't watched the video myself, quite honestly. I was in the front seat of our minivan enjoying the silence as the kids watched the DVD. However, judging by my kids' reaction, they really liked it. My 5 year old has been randomly coming up to me and saying things like:
- Did you know that not becomes note when you add an e? And plan becomes plane?
- AEIO and U are vowels, Mom, and sometimes Y. And E can be silent!
My son enjoyed Rock 'n Learn's Phonics Volume 1 so much, we plan to buy him Volume 2. I browsed around to see what else Rock 'n Learn offered that would interest my 9 year old, and since division is big in 4th grade, I think we'll get her Division Rock.
Buy it! Make car time learning time with DVDs from Rock 'n Learn!
When I was browsing the Rock 'n Learn site, I noticed that you can buy both Phonics Volume 1 and Volume 2 for $34.99, a savings of $5! Even if your children are past the learning to read stage, there is a nice variety of other fun DVDs that will teach your children about math, science, writing and more.
Want to win your very own copy of Rock 'n Learn's Phonics Volume 1? This giveaway is open to US and Canada only. You must be 18 years old to enter. Winner will be chosen by Random.org on August 9, 2010. Entries accepted until 11:59 PM on August 8, 2010. Here's what you need to do to enter:
- Mandatory entry: Visit Rock 'n Learn (www.RockNLearn.com) and peruse their offerings. Let me know what other DVD there would be a great learning tool for your child. You must do this entry to have any other entries count.
- Join Rock 'n Learn's mailing list for special offers. Please only do this if you are genuinely interested in the product. (Link to do so is on Rock 'n Learn's website, left side bar.)
- Follow me on Twitter! If you already do, just let me know.
- Become my Google Friend (right side bar). If we are already friends, just leave a comment letting me know.
- Tweet my giveaway on Twitter and include @PinchingAbe in your tweet. Sharing tools at the bottom of this blog post.
- "Like" Rock 'n Learn on Facebook and post on their wall. Tell them Pinching Abe sent you! Come back and leave a comment letting me know you did it.
- Use the store locator to find a store near you that sells Rock 'n Learn DVDs. Please list the store nearest in your comment. Good luck to all!
Disclosure: I received a complimentary copy of the Rock 'n Learn's Phonics Volume 1 DVD for review purposes. I did not receive compensation for this review and the opinions stated herein are 100% my own (or my children's). The links to products were my own and I will not receive any benefit if you happen to shop through one of the links. I learned about this opportunity via The Product Review Place. If you have any questions about this disclosure, please contact me.