Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Katz Gluten Free Samples update

In case you were wondering how the Katz Gluten Free Sampler tasted... here's an update!

The breads:  These were so yummy!  One thing I noticed right away was that the crust didn't taste nasty.  I have been eaten frozen breads from Kinnikinnick and I really hate the taste of their crust.  I am not overly fond of their bread either, but generous amounts of peanut butter do cure a lot of ills.  With Katz' bread, they actually tasted good and I couldn't help but feel a pang of jealousy against those who had these locally in their stores.  I liked them all, but loved the Wholesome variety best.

The cookies:  These were good, but crumbly.  I liked the thumbprints that they sent and ate them right up.  I had to try to pace myself, but couldn't.  The chocolate chip cookie was ok too, and the sprinkle one?  I'm not even sure I remember eating that one.  Maybe the kids swiped it!

Cupcakes and marble cake:  The chocolate cupcake was very yummy.  It wasn't too chocolately, which is a huge plus for me since I don't like a very strong chocolate taste.  I'm more of a milk chocolate lover than a dark chocolate lover.  The sampler also came with some honey muffin/cupcakes and though a tad dry, they were still good.  I bet they taste best fresh from the oven.   The marble cake was good too and came super moist, just the way I like it!  It tasted more like chocolate than white and I think the whirl was more chocolate than white.  But it was very good and left me wishing I had the rest of it here to snag another piece.

The Rugalech:  These were dry, but I don't know how rugalech is supposed to taste.  I've seen other bloggers who got samples remark on this and I do wonder if that is just how it is supposed to be.  The cinnamon would have tasted so much better if it had come a bit more moist.  The chocolate rugalech I didn't really like.  This was too chocolatey for me and perhaps a bit overdone on the bottom.  I'd try the cinnamon rugalech again though because I love cinnamon rolls and would love to try them again gluten free.

Overall, these products were absolutely delicious!

To read how you can get your sampler from Katz for shipping only, please click here.  Be sure to enter their contest too!  Sorry I didn't include pictures... I ate the goodies before I could snap the shutter.



Disclosure:  I ordered these products and paid for the shipping myself via a special promotion at the Katz Gluten Free site.  Katz Gluten Free did not ask me to provide this review and the opinions stated herein are 100% my own.

No comments: