Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Happy full birthday to me; Happy half-a-birthday to my 9 year old....

As you might recall, we celebrate half-a-birthdays for the kids.  The premise of this idea was to help spread out the gifts because our little man was born 2 days after Christmas.  To say he suffers from present overload is an understatement.  Plus, then he'd go a whole year without presents, whereas his sister born in the spring gets two present extravaganzas a good distance apart.

We pick up a few gifts, nothing really expensive and celebrate our kids' half-a-birthdays when we celebrate our own.  So junior gets his half-a-birthday on my husband's birthday and my daughter gets her half-a-birthday in November with mine.

This year, she *had* to have the latest Diary of a Wimpy Kid, so we got it for her in hardcover.



By the way, this is a fantastic price.  I paid $9 at Walmart and it was in her Scholastic flyer for $7. 

No comments: