Thursday, November 18, 2010

I'm dreaming of a gluten free Christmas...

I'm really starting to get into the Christmas mood, even though I haven't had the pleasure of a Thanksgiving turkey just yet.  I'm beginning to think of all those yummy and delicious cookies that I will need to bake as gluten free delights.  I've already got a plan for my holiday baking and am hoping to bake far enough ahead that I won't be tempted to buy gluten free cookies at grocery store prices.

What's on my agenda?

Gluten free peanut butter blossom cookies

Gluten free sugar cookies, frosted with my mom's recipe that includes Crisco and confectioner's sugar.  Lots and lots of confectioner's sugar.  I'm thinking red Christmas trees will look a little odd, but I can't have green due to a sensitivity to blue food dye.

Thumbprints with Raspberry jam.

Choco No Bakes with GF oats.  For these, the oats I have are a bit too course.  I'm planning to run them through the food processor for half a second to break them up into more like the consistency of Quaker's quick oats.

What's on your Christmas cookie list this year?  I'd love to know what you're planning to bake this year since I'm always looking for inspiration.

No comments: