Wednesday, November 03, 2010

Wordy Wednesday: Almost through Series B



We're making progress toward finishing out Series B.  By next week, we will have started Series C, the last of the books for us in the Stepping Stones Together program.  This week, we have printed the sports themed books out to read.  I printed all 5 at once and glued them so they'd all be ready when we wanted to move to a different book.

I have a feeling that we'll be buying that DS for our son very soon.  He is definitely reading stronger each time and really enjoys his time reading with me.  Granted, he still doesn't like to read as much as he likes to be read to.  For now, I am reading and pointing to the words as I read, stopping to let him read the words that I know he has had as sight words at school or ones that I know he already knows.

He doesn't spend time coloring the books now though.  When we first started the program right before school, he colored several of the books.  Now, he just reads them with me and sets them aside for next time.  I really, truly wish I'd have found this program at the beginning of last summer.  It has been hard at times to eke out the time to read consistently with dinner prep, homework, bath time and everything else going on.  

So onward to the last series by the next time I write an update!  I am looking forward to seeing how the Series C Stepping Stones Together books differ from the Series B.  I imagine they will have more sentences per page and perhaps introduce several more words.  What adventures await the super heroes?  We'll find out soon!

This blog post is part of a series of posts that I am doing about my experience with Stepping Stones Together.  Please check back each Wednesday for a Wordy Wednesday post and catch up on past weeks' progress by reading the posts tagged "Stepping Stones Together".

No comments: