This giveaway is made possible by General Mills via MyBlogSpark.
The holidays make me think of Chex Mix. Due to my wheat allergy, I just can't buy it at the grocery store, but have to make it at home on my own. Did you know that there are four gluten free Chex that you can use to make a mix? If I were to attend a party, I'd take something like this that I know that I can eat. I would also make sure to label it so that others who don't tolerate gluten or wheat will know that it is safe for them to eat.
My daughter has a friend with celiac. Her mom gave me the best compliment last week when she thanked me for my help introducing her daughter to gluten free snacks and foods that I buy for myself. She feels comfortable saying "yes" to her daughter when she wants to stay for dinner and she knows I am a careful label reader. If she spends the night, I know she can eat Chex for breakfast without worry.
Walmart has free recipe cards for Chex Apple Pie Snack Mix and Chex Lemon Buddies. Mmmm... those sound really good! Chex Mix doesn't have to just satisfy a salty tooth, but a sweet one as well.
Take a look at the photo to the right. One lucky reader will win a Chex Party Mix prize pack that is comprised of:
* One box of Chex
* One set of measuring cups
* One Chex Party mix tote bag
The tote is just awesome. The 12.8 oz box of Chex fit right inside and the bag was able to zip closed.
One lucky reader will win the Chex prize pack above. This contest will run through 12/22/2010 with the winner being chosen on 12/23/2010 by Random.org. Winner must return my email within 48 hours to accept the prize. If winner does not return the email, I will have to chose a different winner. This contest is open to US residents who are 18 and older. You must complete the mandatory entry before any other extra entries will be counted.
You must leave me your email in the mandatory entry or have it available publicly in your Blogger profile. Tell me if it is in your profile if you do not wish to leave it in the comment.
Mandatory entry: Check out these gluten free Chex Mix recipes and then come back and tell me which one you want to try first if you should win this giveaway! If you don't eat gluten free, then tell me what your favorite Chex Party Mix recipe is. Click here for Chex Party Mix inspiration!
Extra entries: Want extra entries? Each of these is worth an extra entry (leave comment).
- Subscribe to my blog via email (right side bar) or tell me if you already subscribe. Please leave email (I'll check to make sure you're on my list.)
- Follow me on Twitter. If you already do, leave your Twitter handle.
- Become my Google Friend (right side bar) or if you already are, leave a comment letting me know.
- Tell me which Chex Party Mix Finalist you think will win! There are 5 Mixes that are in the finals... Take a look at all 5 finalists here and then come back and tell me which one you think will win in a comment.
- Tweet this contest to share it with your friends on Twitter. You can do this daily through the end of the contest, just be sure to leave a link to your tweet in the comment.
- Share this contest on Facebook and let me know. If your Facebook profile is public, leave a link to it in the comments. If it isn't, just leave me a comment letting me know you shared, but that your profile is private.
That's it! Chex Party Mix makes a quick and easy snack and can be made as soon as 15 minutes using your microwave.
Many thanks to General Mills via MyBlogSpark who has provided me with a prize pack of my own as well as providing a prize pack for the giveaway winner.