Friday, January 21, 2011

My experience with Amazon Warehouse Deals

A few days ago, I mentioned stumbling upon Amazon's Warehouse Deals and finding a book for half off the list price because it was a returned item.  The book was listed as "very good" and while "very good" can be a subjective term, I think I did alright considering.

I was a bit surprised, though, because when I was reading other book descriptions, they were very specific in mentioning bends in the paper back covers.  The book that I purchased didn't mention any cover bends or dings, so I wasn't expecting any.  So, I was a little disappointed it wasn't picture perfect considering how well other items were described when it pertained to cover issues.

Then, I put it into context.  This was a book for my family.  I wasn't planning to give it away as a gift, so perfection wasn't absolutely necessary.  To be painfully honest, my kids aren't ones to handle books with kid gloves.  It came with bent corners for sure, but I'm sure had it arrived picture perfect and crisp, those corners would be bent in short order.

Bottom line:  I got a good "scratch and dent" deal on a book for my family.  I saved half off because it had a little wear and tear.  It was never read (else there would have been the tell-tale crease on the spine) and it was in good condition otherwise.  I don't regret the purchase.

No comments: