Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Postage paid Mother's Day cards

I don't know about you, but I hate going to the post office.  It is a huge pain to go there because the service is just not what it used to be, and on top of that, they close (gasp) for lunch.  I don't understand why they can't stagger lunches like most other businesses.  At any rate, I can hardly keep up with postage rates either.  I am guilty of slapping that extra full priced first class stamp on an envelope rather than taking it in to get weighed and getting the correct postage for that second ounce.  Seriously.  It is such a waste and I know it, yet in my mind, I'm calculating that a dash to the post office at today's gas rates is probably more than it would cost for me to go get the correct postage on my letter or card.

Mother's Day is on the horizon and that means cards for dear old mom.  As a former card merchandiser, I can tell you that Mother's Day is one of the highest volume card sales holidays that there is.  Everyone sends a card to their mom.  Hallmark has introduced postage paid greeting cards.  These are so cool and really appeal to me.  I love the idea of being able to buy a card and be able to sign it, address it, and then just mail it.  No digging for stamps at home, no stopping at the post office, and no wondering, "Did I put enough postage on that?" 

What do you think of this concept?  Love it?  Hate it?  Leave me a comment and let me know.  I'm notorious at mailing cards super late and this idea really makes me wonder if I might just be able to get my cards mailed on time now that it is just a little bit easier with postage-paid cards available.  If you've seen these cards personally, please let me know if the cost is in line with traditional cards (plus the postage, of course).

No comments: