Thursday, July 14, 2011

Jarritos Mexican Cola Review... good for my icee making machine?

Jarritos Mexican Cola
One of the more interesting brands that I have been introduced to in the past year is Jarritos.  Their sodas, though not shelved near the typical Coke and Pepsi brands, are deliciously fruity and just as good as national brands.  I typically find Jarritos snuggled in with other items in the Hispanic aisle of the grocery store, though I really wish they'd put it along side all of the other soda brands because I would likely never have tried the brand had I not been introduced to it via a review opportunity several months ago.  Not being Latino, it never occurred to me to wander down that particular aisle.  Boy, was I missing out!


Recently, I was given the opportunity to try out a new flavor, Jarritos Mexican Cola.  I couldn't wait for it to arrive.

What I thought: At first blush, I found it very sweet.  Jarritos soda products are flavored with natural sugar - no HFCS.  The sweetness makes me think that it would taste great as an icee on a cold day.  It would be really easy to freeze Jarritos Mexican Cola in ice cube trays to shave down for an icy treat during the dog days of summer. 

What my kids thought:  They've been begging me to give them that last bottle that's been hanging out in the fridge.  Today, I relented (see photo above).  That's my daughter's hand holding the bottle just before she gaily skipped away.  I shared a previous bottle with my son and one of my daughter's friends.  Everyone loved the flavor.

Jarritos has an awesome Facebook fan page that has new apps and contests often. You can send a virtual bottle to friends and join in on their daily scavenger hunt where you can follow the trail of clues to win awesome prizes like t-shirts and gift cards... and more.  Got bottle cap points?  You can even redeem your bottle caps online so you don't have to mail them in to redeem.

Disclosure:  I received Jarritos Mexican Cola to try at no cost to me and was not compensated to post this review.  My opinions are 100% my own or derived from comments from my family. 


No comments: