Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Loving the library story time (free!)

This summer, we've used our library for several free activities.  One program that I've been taking my kids to is known as "Wacky Wednesday", where the kids have a book read to them, participate in a craft, and then watch a movie.  This event lasts for 2 to 2-1/2 hours each week, which gives me some free time that's free to me.  The kids watched Rango today and both came home with a Jester hat they made during the craft time.  I think I look forward to Wednesdays more than they do!  I was used to being alone most of the day while they were at school, so summer has been kind of hard with no quiet and no privacy.

Another free activity that my kids have enjoyed is the "Paws" reading program.  Once a month, I can take the kids to the library on a Saturday morning where they get to read to a therapy dog.  They love it! Reading aloud to a non-judgmental fur friend can really bolster a child's confidence.    We did skip the week the tarantula guy came in though!

What fun things do your libraries do that are free?  

No comments: