As you may know, we weathered Hurricane Irene last weekend. We sat in our home in Virginia sans power for about 38 hours from mid-day Saturday through the early hours of Monday morning. My kids are used to eating cereal for breakfast and we didn't want to open the refrigerator to get out the milk for breakfast knowing that once we broke the seal, we pretty much were sentencing every bit of dairy food in there to the trash bin later since it would be impossible to re-cool the air once we cracked open the door.
Thankfully, I'd remembered that I had Lucky Charms Treats and Golden Graham Treats cereal bars to offer my kids for breakfast. The box of Lucky Charms Treats cereal bars was the first to be eaten, with the Golden Grahams following shortly thereafter. They ate them for breakfast and for snacks during our outage. With our eye on the forecast, I'll be grabbing more of these to keep on hand for power emergencies!
These Cereal Treats bars also be good for back-to-school. Sometimes my kids eat their breakfast and then say they're still hungry (usually right at they are getting ready to go out the door). These portable bars are just the perfect thing for them to snack on while they wait for the bus or for a special lunch box treat that I know they'll love.
Some quick facts, courtesy of General Mills and MyBlogSpark that you might be interested to know:
- Flavor varieties include the ever popular Golden Grahams® (130 calories) and new Lucky Charms® Treats (100 calories), loaded with popular favorites like chocolate and marshmallows.
- Cereal Treats Bars contain less than 140 calories per bar and are made with wholesome cereal, making them a snack option that you can feel good about giving your kids.
- TWO Box Tops for Education seals on each box of Cereal Treat Bars, making earning cash for your school doubly cool!
Win some: One lucky reader will win their own Cereal Treat Bars prize pack. Take a look at the picture below to see what's included!
Mandatory entry: Leave a comment telling me how you will use Cereal Treats Bars to help make Back-to-School season cooler for your kids. Will you hand them out when you're running late? Tuck them in their lunch box as a treat? Or keep them in the car for them to eat on the way to school? Let me know in a comment how you'll use the product.
Extra entries: Each action is worth one entry, and you must leave a separate comment for each action. If you've already liked/friended/subscribed, just leave a comment letting me know. With regard to actions on Facebook, please do not leave a message about this contest on sponsor's wall if you opt to Like them. Just leave me the comment letting me know that you completed that entry!
- Subscribe to/be a subscriber Making Ends Meet via email (right side bar - also, please be sure you've confirmed your subscription)
- Be/Become my Google Friend (right side bar)
- Share this giveaway on Facebook. Please come back and leave a link in the comment for this entry. You can do this once per day. Leave a separate comment each time if you choose to do this daily.
- Tweet out this giveaway. You can do this once per day. Leave a separate comment each time if you choose to do this daily. You can use: Enter to win a Cereal Treats Bar prize pack just in time for back-to-school! #myblogspark http://ow.ly/6gKQp
- One last entry for fun: Tell me if you eat/would Cereal Treats bars too and which variety you'd try first. These cereal bars are 140 calories or less (Lucky Charms Cereal Treats bars are only 100 calories) and may fit your breakfast needs as an adult too.
Thanks so much for entering! My thanks to General Mills and MyBlogSpark for this opportunity.
Disclosure: Cereal Treats Bars, information, and giveaway have been provided by General Mills through MyBlogSpark. The opinions expressed are my own.