Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Huggies Little Movers Slip-On Diapers for your Wriggle Worm #SlipOnHUGGIES


We are truly hoping that our family is complete with our two children.  Our youngest is 6 and we are planning to stay diaper-free in our household.  That doesn't mean I don't keep up on the latest and greatest baby products, however.  My nephew recently welcomed my first great nephew and though it made me feel a little on the old side, I was almost giddy going shopping for baby items.  Boy, things have changed in the past few years!  One new product, Huggies Little Movers Slip-On diapers, sounds promising for moms and dads of little wriggle worms.

If I had to give diapering advice to my nephew, I'd tell him that he should perfect the art of gently pinning down his son when he gets to the active stage.  That was the one true trick that worked best for us.  Our daughter was never one to sit still after she started crawling.  Simply laying her on her back for a diaper change encouraged her to do all she could to flip and turn and take off, bare bottom notwithstanding.  So, in order to help keep her cornered while I broke land speed records getting her diaper changed, I found that pinning her arms to the side with my legs did the trick.  The key here is to be a gentle weight to hold down their arms so you can wrestle with the rest of them to get the job done.

She was definitely our little Wriggle Worm!  She couldn't wait to be on the go again.  I would also tell my nephew to unfold the diaper and have it ready for the quick slide under.  But that he should leave his son's front covered at all times.  Our son was newly brought home from the hospital when I changed him on the changing table and saw an arc of urine hitting my expensive Noah's Ark print.  Having spent 3 years diapering a girl, I wasn't quite prepared for the sheer distance that pee could travel.  With girls, it just soaks into a changing pad.  With boys, it can literally go anywhere in the room.

Finally, my last piece of diapering advice would be that practice makes perfect.  It takes time to change a diaper faster than a pit crew member at a NASCAR race.  If you find your wriggle worm tearing off diaper tabs and they're the right size, a product like Huggies Movers Slip-On Diapers are worth a try.  I wished that they had slip on diapers like Pull-Ups for younger babies back when my kids were small.  Pull-ups are best for potty training, so using them to catch normal urine and BM doesn't work so well.  These are designed for movers and shakers and wriggle worms too!

Moms:  What do you think of the concept?  If you have a baby in diapers still, does it appeal to you?  I am always amazed at the new product offerings that companies present to consumers and if I still had a baby, I'd give these a try.  

Disclosure:  I wrote this blog post while participating in the SocialMoms and Huggies blogging program, for a gift card worth $35. For more information on how you can participate, click here.

About Huggies
The Huggies® community brings parents together so that you and your babies fully enjoy every day, whatever the day presents. Enjoy the ride with Huggies®.

More info on Huggies: http://www.huggies.com

Like Huggies on Facebook

Follow @huggies on Twitter 

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I love it! Pinning them down! That's what I should do to my little wiggle worm! He would probably try to call child protective services on me! Boy do I wish that boy was potty trained!