Thursday, November 10, 2011

Kathryn the Grape's Colorful Adventure {book review}

Kathryn the Grape is back in book two of the Kathryn the Grape series.  In Kathryn the Grape's Colorful Adventure Kathryn feels what almost every kid in their life feels:  that their parents love a sibling better than they love them.  She gets sent to her room, where her friend Maggie the magical butterfly comes to the rescue and offers some sage advice... and an adventure! 

Throughout her adventure, Kathryn learns some life lessons and finds her own rainbow inside herself. 

I was actually kind of surprised... it was my 6 year old son who liked this book the best.   Kathryn the Grape would appeal more to girls, I'd think, because she's a girl and there's a bracelet involved in this book. I wouldn't necessarily pick this title out for a boy, but my son enjoyed it.  We read it together once and he has read it to himself a few times since.  I imagine little boys might feel like their parents love their sister more, just like little girls like Kathryn might feel the opposite.  I think he likes the positive message and isn't focused on the girl elements.

The book is upbeat and it has a good message that both boys and girls need to hear every now and then.  Confession:  I actually liked Kathryn the Grape's Colorful Adventure better than the first book in the series!  The authors are really beginning to define the character in this second book and I can't wait to see what Kathryn is up to in the 3rd book,  

Kathryn the Grape's Colorful Adventure can be purchased at the Kathryn the Grape website for $16.99.  It's also available at Amazon.com as a hardcover and Kindle e-book.  KTG books are also available on nook.


Disclosure:  The authors provided me with a copy of this book for the sole purpose of review.  This blog post is uncompensated and the opinions are my own or related to my family's experience with this book.  Please visit www.kathrynthegrape.com for more information about Kathryn, her books, the authors, and more.

No comments: