Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Free for Military: Enjoy the National Parks - get a free annual pass!

We owe so much to our service members!  I have some friends who have active duty soldiers and sailors in their household.  It's so much more than a job... it's a huge responsibility and one that the whole family bears.  A dear friend's husband was always on his "last cruise"... for about 3 years in a row!  These men and women aren't working banker's hours either.  They deserve every perk afforded to them, including a free National Parks annual pass regardless of the "lost revenue" of $2-$6 million dollars that is projected to cost the National Park Service because of military families taking advantage of this offer.  How about the benefit of our military actually feeling a bit appreciated?

How do you get one?  Well, you have to be active duty military (or dependent), with a CAC or DD form 1173 in hand, and it must be obtained in person at "Federal recreation sites that charge entrance or standard amenity fees."  For FAQ, please visit the USGS site.
Post a Comment