Friday, June 01, 2012

Wegmans has their own gluten free baking mixes & pasta!

Gluten free grocery shoppers know how painful it can be to buy food, especially mixes and pasta.  I know I've mentioned this before, but most things are easily double what they are for their wheaty-counterpart.  It's downright depressing to buy a small loaf of bread for $4.99 (the bread is both smaller in size and less pieces than a standard loaf).  So, I'm always scouting out coupons for gluten free brands and looking for newer, cheaper gluten free products to try.  I was excited to get a home mailer from Wegmans this week offering me coupons to try some of their new gluten free mixes and pasta.  Since I rely on Wegmans for most of my gluten free purchases, I was ecstatic that they were branching out more into this niche because store brands are typically cheaper than name brand.

New Pastas:
Wegmans Gluten Free Penne Rigate, Fusilli, Elbows, and Spaghetti


New Baking Mixes:
Wegmans Gluten Free Chocolate Cake, Vanilla Cake, Sugar Cookie, Double Chocolate Brownie

Prices:

The prices for these items were listed in a Press Release earlier this month.  None of the products is more than $3.49.  From their press release:


These prices aren't horrible, though I do like a gluten free pasta from Heartland that I can get at my Super Walmart that's priced less. Tinkyada is sold at Wegmans and it is priced more than $2.49.  The $3.49 price tag for the gluten free baking mixes is about average.  Betty Crocker's gluten free mixes retail for closer to $4.00 and above. 

If you've tried any of these new gluten free products from Wegmans, please leave me a comment.  I haven't yet, though I'm excited to try.


No comments: