Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Toys R Us Hot Toys List 2012: Reserve hot toys for 20% down


Don't be the mom and dad scouring stores for Tickle Me Elmo or Cabbage Patch kids (my parents!), check out Toys R Us' Hot Toys List for 2012 and reserve some of the hot toys that your kids will be begging for with 20% down, guaranteed for Christmas.  A few years ago, I spent forever trying to get ZhuZhus for my kids, so I've been there myself! 

On this year's 2012 Toys R Us Hot Toys List (printable from TRU), you'll find Furby (10 colors), which is making a comeback this year.  Tabeo, their kid tablet is also on the list (it will be released in October at a price around $150).  Tabeo will be a direct competitor to Meep, which is already released.  The LeapFrog LeapPad2 Explorer is also on the hot toy list (approx. $100).

Also on the list are several Toys R Us exclusives that you won't find anywhere else.  Some items are limited to one per guest (like the Wii U, not available until mid-November), so if you need two, you'll need to bring a friend.
  • You must put 20% down on the toy you want to reserve
  • Guaranteed for Christmas
  • Can only reserve up until Halloween
  • You can only make reservations of toys from the Hot Toys List at the store (service desk)
  • Must pick up/pay in full by December 16, else they consider it "abandoned"
  • The 20% deposit is non-refundable (you can cancel at any time, but the deposit will not be refunded)
  • They will contact you when ready for pick-up
One thing I didn't see addressed in the terms and conditions available online was price adjustments.  I assume they have a price list and I would hope that they won't offer it for sale at a price less than what anyone would have put a reservation on.  I would have liked to have seen a low-price guarantee in there somewhere.

Which of the toys on Toys R Us' Hot Toys List 2012 are on your list?  I saw a Lego set that I'm sure my 7 year old would want. 

No comments: