Monday, October 01, 2012

It's October! Do you know what to do to preserve your pumpkin?

The kids have been begging to get pumpkins for a few weeks and thus far, I've said no. They are just so excited for Halloween.  I don't want any pumpkin rot to deal with, which would happen if we got pumpkins at such an early date.  Which reminds me to dredge up this old article I wrote a few years ago on Yahoo! (formerly Associated Content) about how to keep your carved pumpkin from molding before Halloween.

Halloween is not my favorite holiday, but I won't complain about the candy.  I think candy is the best part of Halloween, actually!  I have many fond memories of trudging up and down and all around the streets of my home town, begging for candy (or threatening a trick if it was not forthcoming).  My parents would always inspect the candy and lift a Snickers candy bar or two.  I really didn't mind... much.  Of course, now I'm the one lifting the good candy from my kids' bags (or at least the gluten free stuff). My dad always nabbed the Bit-o-Honeys and I gladly gave them up, mainly because I'm not a huge fan of honey.  I wish I could go back and be that kid some days... don't you?

No comments: