Friday, January 11, 2013

New Peeps: Strawberry Crème Flavored Dipped Marshmallow Chicks

It's no secret that I'm a Peep-a-holic.  I love Peeps, especially at Easter.  I love them warm, I love them cold from the freezer.  I just love em'!  I found these Peeps this week, just in time for Valentine's.  Bonus: no blue food dye.  (That's one ingredient that kills most of my hopes of having Peeps at Christmas.)

image from Peeps website
What did I think?  Well...  they were pretty yummy.  The Strawberry Creme Peeps were a little sugary and supercharged with a strawberry flavor (think about opening up a bottle of Strawberry Quik and drinking it straight from the bottle or eating the powder straight from the can and you get my drift), so I didn't consume the entire package in one sitting.  The chocolate at the bottom was like chasing a strong glass of Strawberry Quik with a glass of Chocolate Quik.  Very strong flavors, but not unpleasant.  There was even what I would call a layer of the sugary strawberry right on top of the chocolate that kind of had a crunch.

Overall, very yummy!  I would buy these again, but definitely eat in moderation.


On another note, if you see the Peppermint Peeps or the candy cane flavored ones on clearance, grab them up.  I loved the candy cane and wish I could have found more.  The peppermint flavored ones go great in hot chocolate!

No comments: